Monday, March 12, 2012

Lorac - Unzipped Palette


 I was watching some YouTube makeup videos the other day and in one of them I saw a beautiful palette that included both shimmer and matte shades - all of them gorgeous! So I forayed to my local Sephora and came home with the gorgeous Lorac Unzipped palette.

Top L-R: Undercover, Unbelievable, Unattainable, Unconditional, Unbridled
Bottom L-R: Undiscovered, Unreal, Uncensored, Unspoken, Untamed

I first tried Lorac when I caved and bought their Bejewelled Night & Day Jewelry Box. The main selling point for me (not the box itself, which I found a bit kitschy and that showered me with annoying glitter) was the eyeshadow. There were two palettes with absolutely gorgeous shades, and they turned out to be even better on than they looked in the pan. The Unzipped palette lives up to this initial Lorac shadow experience, with equally gorgeous shades that go together wonderfully and look beautiful:

L-R: Undercover, Undiscovered, Unbelievable, Unreal, 
Unattainable, Uncensored, Unconditional, Unspoken, Unbridled, Untamed

The pan size in the palette is pretty decent - a bit larger than in the Urban Decay Book of Shadows collections. It's small enough to pack if you're going away somewhere, and has enough variation that you can create many different looks. I think the shades included would work on most skintones, with some experimentation.

I haven't yet tried the primer that came with the kit (it's a mini), but I'll update this post once I've given it a go! All in all, even without the primer, this palette is definitely worth picking up!


Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5 for the shadows - will let you know about the primer!
Worth the price? Yes!
Would I purchase again? Yes.

Cruelty-Free? Not sure.
Where to find it: Sephora in store and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...