Clockwise from Bottom Left: Keep Your Cool, Sweet Satisfaction,
Lie Low, Make Your Mark, Legendary Black
Anyone who knows anything about me will know that I LOVE eyeshadow. I mean, I love makeup in general, but eyeshadow is my particular weakness. I'm always looking for unique shades, textures and finishes. I like blending, pairing and experimenting with it as eyeliner.
So I've been eyeing (excuse the pun) these shadows for quite some time, and have finally collected a few to share with you guys!
I got these five:
L-R: Sweet Satisfaction, Lie Low, Make Your Mark,
Keep Your Cool, Legendary Black
- Sweet Satisfaction: This is a great neutral daytime shade, one that can be used to blend out a darker shade, on the lid with a darker crease colour, or as an all-over base.
- Lie Low: Lie Low is a fabulous warm-toned neutral brown that I think particularly suits us pale ladies. I like it over the entire lid - either blended out with Wedge in the crease for a daytime look or paired with a darker shade like Make Your Mark in the crease for more drama.
- Make Your Mark: It's a darker shade, which reminds me a little of Carbonized from the MAC Me Over collection. Aside from being a great crease shade, it can be used to line the upper and lower lashline with a lighter lid colour for daytime, and can even be smoked out around the lashes for an evening look. Beautiful!
- Keep Your Cool: Keep Your Cool reminds me of Smut - it has a similar blending of various shades, making it a complex, warm-toned, mauved grey/brown. Like Make Your Mark, this can either be used to play up the eyes or for understated lining during the daytime.
- Legendary Black: This isn't really black at all. At least, not in my opinion. It's almost more of a blackened bronze colour. This one is very difficult to describe - but I think it's worth getting simply because I haven't seen another shadow like it before. I like this one over a dark liquid liner or to smoke out at night.
Though these shadows are a bit pricey, at $24.00 CAD per shadow, they're also HUGE. If you remember the Mega Metal shadow collection MAC came out with, you can use that as a comparison point - these are exactly the same size.
For those of you who prefer numbers, these contain 3.4 g or 0.11 US oz. Compare this to their regular shadow that cost $18.00 CAD (or $14.00 CAD for a refill pan) and contain 1.5 g or 0.05 US oz. This means they have more than double the product for an extra $6-10. A deal by anyone's reckoning!
These are Pro shadows, but they're available at some MAC regular storefronts as well as their online site. I highly recommend checking them out!