Thursday, March 28, 2013

Weleda - Wild Rose Pampering Body Lotion


I picked this up (along with another Skin Food, which I love to use when my hands and feet need an intense moisture treatment) during the deal I discovered on Weleda at Whole Foods last week. I have to admit that at least 70% of the reason why I got this was because of the pump. I don't know if you can really see in the photo, but it's a really cool shape and because the opening where the product is discharged has a rubber seal on it, the air can't get in so the product left near the dispenser doesn't oxidize and get goopy and gross.


Though the applicator is cool... that's about all I can say for it. The cap is really hard to remove (the testers in the store didn't have a cap, so this was an unpleasant surprise). The product itself is just okay - it's moisturizing, but nothing special. Decent consistency, though not as creamy as I'd hoped. The rose doesn't seem to do anything to soothe my skin more than a regular moisturizer would, and though it absorbs quickly so it's not oily on the skin, it also doesn't seem to make my skin much softer.

But I think probably the biggest reason why I'm not a fan of it is the scent. I'm the first to admit that I'm picky when it comes to fragrance. I don't know if it's because of working at LUSH for years and feeling like I've had scent overload or what, but I either love or hate a fragrance. And if I hate it, it just ain't gonna get used. This, unfortunately, I hate. In the store it seemed to be a subtle rose scent without much else. I don't know if maybe the tester had just been sitting out for awhile and some of the fragrance had worn off or it was a different batch or what, but mine has an unpleasant bitter herbal after-smell that I just can't abide. It's similar to (although not the same as) patchouli. It has that musky lingering thing that I can't stand.

So, as much as I'd like to become a fan of Weleda body products, between the scent and less-than-impressive performance, I think that's it for me. Oh well, at least I didn't pay full price, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...