Thursday, October 20, 2011

MAC - Eyeshadow in Bitter


Every makeup enthusiast needs a bright lime green shadow. Right? That's what I thought. I decided to try this one out, because I like that it is a little more yellow toned than a lot of greens out there. It's a velvet finish, too, so it's not quite as flat of a colour as a lot of the matte bright shades. 

I have to admit, however, that it was much cooler as an idea than an actual purchase - I've played with it, but haven't yet found a look I'd want to wear out of the house! It can work well as a liner - I like it as a second line above an intense black liner. It looks particularly stunning on ladies (and fellas ;) with darker skin tones, because the contrast will really make it pop!

The final verdict? Easier to work with than a matte bright, gorgeous if used sparingly, but definitely not for everyone!

Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5 
Product quality: 4/5
Worth the price? If you are a fan of bright colours or a pro, this will be totally worth it.
Would I purchase again? I honestly don't see myself getting a lot of use out of this one, so probably not.

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Where to find it: MAC in store and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...