Sunday, November 20, 2011

Modern Pin-Up - Lisa Eldridge Tutorial

 

I originally clicked on this video because of the lipstick colour. I mean, just look at it. Goregous. As you know, I love deep pink lips - and Rebel by MAC is my all-time favourite. I wrote about it here, but all you need to know is that the shade is a plummy purpley fuchsia - and I have never seen a colour that looks more beautiful. If you're faimiliar with Rebel, you'll see the similarity when you watch this video (she actually suggests it as a MAC dupe for the colour she uses). Also, I absolutely love pin-up makeup - the dark liner, the long lashes, the clean lines, the bold lip - does it get any more glamorous?

After I started to watch, however, I was blown away by how wonderfully this look captures the pin-up look - yet isn't the same one you've seen over and over. Of course the trick with any classic makeup look (and by "classic" I mean a look that you can see repeatedly when you look back through the history of makeup artistry) is to find a way to update it; to bring it into today. Eldridge does an absolutely amazing job of taking this classic, iconic look and by tweaking it subtly (changing brow shape, updating lipstick colour) making it edgy and new. If you're a Bettie Page or Marilyn Monroe or Dita Von Teese fanatic, you will want to try this right away, but if you're looking for an unerringly classy, modern look, this will work perfectly for you, too.

xo M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...