Friday, December 2, 2011

Nars - Lip Lacquer in Hot Wired


One of those products where the name says it all! This is a gorgeous, bright pink colour with a hint of iridescent shimmer.  If you're looking for a way to stand out at holiday parties, other than your classic red lip, here you go. 

I think it's great over a bright pink lip liner if you want it to last all night, or on its own. Even alone, it wears well - partly because of the texture. It's got a stickier consistency, which is great for making it last, but if you're like me, the feel of it might not work for you.

I've tried a couple of Nars lip lacquers, and one of their glosses, and I'm not a huge fan. While the consistency bugs me, it's actually the smell that really gets me. I don't know how to describe it except to say that it smells a little like those intense hand creams that don't have perfume, but do have lanolin. I have no idea why Nars lip glosses and lacquers smell this way, and it could be my over-sensitivity to smells, but I find it off-putting enough that I rarely reach for them. Sorry, Nars!

Shame, cos this colour is to die for!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 3/5 (-1 each for consistency and scent)
Worth the price? Not for me.
Would I purchase again? No.

Cruelty-Free? Not sure.
Where to find it: Nars online, Sephora in store and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...