Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bobbi Brown's Natural Beauty Philosophy


So I'm a huge fan of Refinery 29's beauty and make-up articles and slideshows. They're sharp, relevant and have so many great tips! I'm also a fan of Bobbi Brown - I have most of her make-up books and I love that she's so down to earth, despite being one of the reigning queens of the beauty universe.

One of the things I love most about her is her stance on aging. With the trend towards increasing amounts of cosmetic "enhancement" and a pressure to stay young-looking well into our 40s (and 50s - just look at Demi Moore and Madonna) the natural aging process has started to look, well, unnatural.

Enter Bobbi. She recently spoke up in an interview (see it here) about the topic of fillers - most notably Botox.

"I think we’ll all soon be having a lot more laser treatments instead that don’t alter the way you look, but do improve the texture of your skin and help you look healthy."

That sounds just fine to me. I'm all for non-intrusive beauty innovations - but surgery? Injections of botulism? No, thank you. I'm not judging ladies who decide to go this route. It's a personal decision and everyone must make it for themselves. But personally, the idea terrifies me! Yeah, I'm a total wimp.

Bobbi also mentioned daily use of SPF as one of the largest contributors to great skin as we age. Amen, sister.

What do you think? Are you all about the natural like Bobbi? Share your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...