Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash

I first started using The Body Shop's Tea Tree line in my teenage years to help with breakouts instead of harsh chemical options. I found the smell a little strange at first, but over time I got used to it and started to like it. My mother is an aromatherapist, so she recommended it, being familiar with the antiseptic and healing qualities of Tea Tree oil.

Now that I'm a little older (okay, a lot older) I don't have to worry about breakouts quite as much, but I do still have that wonderful hormonal week every month when the skin goes a little haywire - particularly if I'm under the weather. I always keep a little travel sized bottle of this cleanser around to use when I've got a couple of breakouts going on. I like that it makes my skin feel very refreshed and... well... clean without drying it out or making it feel like it's being pulled tight over my face. Give it a try if you have trouble with your complexion but want to stay away from harsh chemical ingredients!


Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? I just get the travel size and it's only about $4 - and lasts me a few months at least!
Would I purchase again? Yes, over and over again!
**Update 2/6/11 - Until I have more information on whether this company can truly be called "cruelty-free" (see below) I will not be purchasing anything else from The Body Shop.
Cruelty-Free? Appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list, but is a subsidiary of L’Oréal. I am currently making enquiries as to how they can be on the cruelty-free list while their parent company is known to use animal testing.
Where to find it: The Body Shop in store or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...