Saturday, December 29, 2012

MIA...

You might have noticed that I've been missing from this blog for... well, a long time now. It's not because I've lost interest in the topic - quite the opposite, I feel like I have lots to share! The main problem? I moved in the summer, and while my new house is amazing in many respects, lighting for taking pictures is not one of them.

The old apartment got full sun through most of the windows for part of the day - and even when there wasn't sun, it still got decent light. I'm an amateur, so I have no studio lights (nor do I have the money go purchase any), so the lack of light has really caused problems for me. I love swatching products because I know I find them hugely helpful, so without the ability to swatch products, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I have a ton of products I'm simply dying to review, and a lot of ideas I'd like to explore. I'm just not sure how to resolve this problem. I've played around with different lights in different rooms at different times of day, and nothing seems to work. So please excuse my absence and, going forward, what I expect to be a pretty dismal photo quality for my products. I'm going to do my best, but they will be in artificial and not nearly bright enough light. Hopefully you'll get some use out of them all the same, and the second I win the lottery, I'll buy proper lights!

If anyone has any feedback as to whether you'd like product reviews without original pictures or any creative (and cheap) lighting suggestions, please let me know! I miss sharing with you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...