Friday, February 4, 2011

MAC - Eye Kohl in Smolder

***Pictures and Swatches Coming Soon!***

I only recently gave in and purchased this pencil. I don't know what took me so long - I completely addicted to it! I've read some less than favourable reviews of this, but for me it really lived up to the hype.

It's dense and pigmented, and if I apply it close to the lashline and then blend and smudge with a 266 angled liner brush I can work it right into the lashes. I also use the 266 brush to draw the winged portion into a finer point. I apply it sparingly on the waterline close to the lashes as well.  Normally with liquid and cream liners, I need to use a matte black powder to set the liner and fill in lashline gaps, but with this one I don't need to.

Once applied, the colour lasts all day without smudging, smearing, bleeding or fading. Though it's soft enough to work with it's not so soft that you have to sharpen it each time you use it, so it lasts quite a long time. Though it costs more in comparison to similar drugstore products, so far I think it's worth the price. I didn't expect to like it as much as I do, but honestly I can't see myself switching back to any other black liners - drugstore or high end! I'm a convert!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Definitely!
Would I purchase again? Already on it. There's a backup in my makeup case.

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Where to find it: MAC in store and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...