Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BeneFit - Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in R.S.V.P.


The Sephora website describes the colour as "sparkling champagne," which I'd say is pretty accurate. It has a nice sheen (though no sparkles) and spreads like butter.


I have a LOT of trouble with creasing in general, and though this doesn't crease right away, by the end of a work day it does. If you have similar problems you might want to make sure you carry it along with you to reapply if this happens.

I got a sample size of this from Sephora and I've recently taken to wearing it with MAC's Shroom as a browbone highlighter and a coat of MAC Plush Lash and pairing it with a bold lip. It brightens up my eyes and looks gorgeous with almost no effort.  It's a nice, easy neutral look for those mornings when you don't want to bother with much makeup!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 4.5/5
Worth the price? Nearly.
Would I purchase again? I don't think so - the sample I got is a decent size and a little goes a long way!

Cruelty-Free? Not sure. They claim not to use animal testing, but, according to PETA, they have repeatedly refused to sign the cruelty-free pledge to appear on PETA's Cruelty-Free list. When asked, they say this is because they can't guarantee that all the ingredients they use haven't been tested on animals at some point in history - but this is a given for nearly all cosmetics companies, so you'd think it would be implied for all the companies on the list. I'm still looking into it.
Where to find it: BeneFit online, Sephora in store or online, Shopper's Drug Mart in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...