Sunday, January 9, 2011

BeneFit - Erase Paste


I have very pale skin, so I often have trouble with darkness in the undereye area. But it's hard to find a concealer that is up to the job of covering it up without looking cakey or powdery. I was amazed that this actually does the job!

I use my fingers to apply it so that the warmth of my skin can help work it into the skin and blend it. I actually got this as a sample and need so little at a time that I haven't even gotten through a third of the sample yet even with daily use for over a month! It may seem pricey, but it will last you forever.

I think this is a great option for delicate skin that tends towards dryness, for even, natural looking coverage. The only down side is that, as with any undereye concealer, it must match your skin in order to cover invisibly. This only comes in three shades, and none for darker-skinned ladies, so if you don't magically match one of them (as I was lucky enough to) it will be useless. You'll definitely need to see this in store to match, but if it matches I think you'll like it! I'll definitely be shelling out for a full tub of this if I ever use up the sample!

Ratings:
Packaging: 5/5
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? If you like it. Probably worth trying a sample first or buying it from Sephora so you can take it back if it doesn't work. It needs to match your skintone exactly.
Would I purchase again? Yep! (**Update 2/6/2011 - Because of the unsure status of this company regarding animal testing, I'm not buying any more of their products until I have more information.)

Cruelty-Free? Not sure. They claim not to use animal testing, but, according to PETA, they have repeatedly refused to sign the cruelty-free pledge to appear on PETA's Cruelty-Free list. When asked, they say this is because they can't guarantee that all the ingredients they use haven't been tested on animals at some point in history - but this is a given for nearly all cosmetics companies, so you'd think it would be implied for all the companies on the list. I'm still looking into it.
Where to find it: Benefit online, Sephora in store and online, Shopper's Drug Mart in store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...