I'll admit it. I'm nosy. I love watching bathroom and makeup organization tours on YouTube, I'm obsessed with watching faves, empties and product review videos and I love hearing about other people's skincare regimes. I like seeing what people have been using on a daily basis and what they have been reaching for again and again. Nearly every product I buy is based on reviews I've watched or read, and I look forward to the turn of the month to see everyone's product roundups.
So I figure it's time for me to jump in on the action and share some of my monthly faves!
- MAC Fix+ - I hadn't been using this much lately, but I decided I needed to use it up, so I added it back into the routine, partly because it works well with #6.
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - I have two of the Nakeds - this one and the original. I don't know why, but they rarely get used. I decided to make some use out of it. I've been using Tease (5th from left) as a blending crease colour and Busted (2nd from right) over my Elizabeth Arden pencil to add depth and a hint of plum.
- MAC Select MoistureCover Concealer in NC15 - I was using a Stila concealer, but it just doesn't give enough coverage, so I've gone back to this one - it covers well but is moisturizing and blends well.
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful - I saw this featured in a couple of YouTube videos and decided to bust it out - it's great for daytime to add a bit of colour without going overboard.
- Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil in Espresso 03 - One of my all-time faves and holy grail products. Intensely pigmented, easy to blend and wears well. 'Nuff said.
- MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15 in Light - I started using this again because it's been sitting around and I don't want it to go to waste. I like that it's easy to apply with just my fingers, gives decent coverage and isn't too heavy on my skin. The only thing is that I find it a bit dull, and since discovering Laura Mercier's Bare Radiance it just isn't quite as good. I've been spraying Fix+ over it to give a bit of dewiness, and I like it but probably won't stick with it once it's gone.
- Dior Diorshow Mascara - I've had this for longer than you're supposed to use mascaras (but that's a rule I habitually break anyway) because I've been saving it, but I've been using it more lately. It's not my all-time fave, but I like the brush, which is large and has long, bushy bristles. The formula isn't bad but even when I bought it it was a bit on the dry side. It smells lovely, though and works well for daytime.
- Nars SPF 30 Pro Prime Multi-Protect Primer - The warmer weather has led me to worrying about SPF in my products. I love this stuff. It isn't too heavy, creates a good base for makeup application, has a lovely citrusy scent and the SPF is an added bonus.
- Bioderma Sensibio (or Créaline) H2O Micelle Solution - I'm a little late to this particular bandwagon. I actually bought this over a year ago and it had been sitting sadly forgotten in one of my boxes. But during my French skincare kick I decided to dig it out and give it a go. So far, so good! Full review to follow.
- Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion - I haven't used toner in years, but I started again this month. I really like this one - it's cooling and gentle and does a great job of removing any last little bit of makeup, dirt or cleanser. Not astringent and doesn't dry out skin.
- Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré - You've all heard plenty about this one already, so I won't bore you. Go here if you missed it.
- Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm - Likewise with this one - I use it every night before bed. Here's more.
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash - Still loving this stuff. Seriously awesome. Again, I've already gone on about it at length here.
- Clinique All About Eyes - This is a little sample size that I got and figured why not give it a go? I love it as a nighttime cream - it's gentle, rich, easy to blend and absorbs quickly.
- Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream - I'm in love with this stuff. I keep it on my bedside table and in my purse. I put it on throughout the day and when I'm going to bed. It has a very subtle scent that's hard to describe - but it's similar to other Caudalie products. It's like grape, but not synthetic grape scent, more like when you pick a sour green grape straight from the vine. It has a lovely consistency, isn't overly greasy and helps my dry skin survive my frequent hand-washing!
- Neal's Yard Citrus Hand Wash - I got this as part of a gift set that I've been saving and saving... but it expires soon and I didn't want to waste it, so I busted it out. This has the most refreshing, delicious and light lemony scent. It's not at all synthetic or sweet, just a lovely clean scent. Best. Ever.
- Mountain Ocean Coconut Skin Trip - I've had this sitting on my shelf since last summer, and as you can probably tell, I'm on a mission to use up products I've had for awhile. I know it's more suited to the warm summer months, but it's actually nice to wear a summery scent in early spring because it makes me feel like summer really is right around the corner and picks me up on days that are grey and mopey. Love the natural coconut scent that isn't overly sweet or synthetic. Consistency is nourishing but not heavy. Love this stuff.
- Lavanila the Healthy Deodorant in Grapefruit Vanilla - I've been looking for an effective natural deodorant. This stuff smells amazing - like baby powder mixed with light vanilla and a hint of grapefruit. The only down side is that it doesn't last as long and I find that if I use this exclusively it actually works less effectively as time goes on, so I need to switch off with a traditional deodorant and can't use it if I'm going to be particularly active.
- OPI Lincoln Park - This is nearly black, but with a hint of burgundy red in it that takes the harsh edge off a bit. Love this for a dark polish look.
- Sephora by OPI Ocean Love Potion - One of my fave turquoise polishes, I've been wearing this for a couple of years now. I find myself reaching for it as soon as the sunny weather hits.
- Nails Inc. Baker Street - I saw Lily Pebbles from What I Heart Today wearing this in her videos a couple of times - and every time I saw it I was like wait, stop everything, what is that polish?? And each time, this was the one. It's an amazing electric blue that stands out and catches the eye. Loving it!