Friday, December 10, 2010

MAC - Colour 4 Quad


I love this quad. I got it at the beginning of the summer, mainly because the colours are so evocative of warmth, sand and sun-kissed skin. The colours are all bright, gold and/or orange-toned and look great on skin that has caught a bit of those gorgeous rays. Funny that I'm reviewing this quad on the coldest day of the year so far with snow on the ground! Perhaps it's wishful thinking!


Colours included (top left to bottom right):
Manila Paper - Pale yellowed highlighter (VP)
Flip - Gold orange (F)
Aztec Brick - Orange pink (VP)
Creole Beauty - Orange bronze (F)


 This quad was limited edition, so it's no longer available, but if it were I'd recommend it for summer makeup looks or for anyone who misses those warm nights on the beach! I love each and every shadow in this quad and found that they can create some stunning looks when used together or with other shadows. This and the Colour 3 quad were the first two I purchased with the new MAC quad packaging and as much as I like how they look in the quad - they're much sleeker and look great - it's near impossible to de-pot the shadows in these quads, which is a bit frustrating. If you don't de-pot your shadows, however, I'd say that the new packaging is a step up.

Ratings:
Packaging: 4/5 (for difficulty de-potting)
Product quality: 5/5
Worth the price? Definitely. Quads are a great way to try out new shadows cheaper than buying them individually.
Would I purchase again? If it weren't limited edition I'd definitely re-purchase once I've used this one up.

Cruelty-Free? Yes - appears on PETA's Cruelty-Free list.
Where to find it: Limited Edition, so unfortunately you can't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...